Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Does packaging and bottle matter in Perfumes??



I love a beautiful bottle, but I tend to think that it has little or no influence on my purchasing habits. First, I “meet” most new fragrances in the form of a plain glass sample vial. Even if I have already seen a picture of the bottle, it isn’t right in front of me creating temptation.

It also helps that my perfume bottles are not on display. They used to be on my dresser, but my collection long ago outgrew the limited space there, and they are now in a cabinet in my office.

Another factor is that I really don’t buy that many bottles. A large part of my collection is in the form of decants, obtained by swapping or on sulit.

Still, a nice bottle is a nice bottle, and it doesn’t hurt.

Bottles I liked so much that I was disappointed when I didn’t love the juice: Bond no. 9 Chinatown, Niki de Saint Phalle, Annick Goutal Mandragore

A bottle I hate so much I won’t buy it even though I love the juice: Bvlgari Omnia

Bottles that would be boring if it were not for the pretty labels: Diptyque, Carthusia

A vintage bottle I would love to have: Guerlain Jicky parfum

A recent bottle I would love to have: one of the Serge Lutens limited edition etched bottles. The snowflake bottle was gorgeous, but I can’t find a link to a picture at the moment.

And you?

0 comments on "Does packaging and bottle matter in Perfumes??"

Post a Comment

 

Product List

Pinoy Perfumes Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez